Saturday, September 29, 2012

Naturally Nails: OPI The "It" Colour (PHAIL attempt)


HeyHey,
As usual, I'm back again with yet another nail colour nail colour for the week. Now, I've been singing praises about most of my nail polishes thus far. Well. things are about to change. This weeks's nail colour was rather disappointing for me. I picked this colour up at the nail polish bazaar situated at NUS science canteen roughly more than a couple months back. Got it on a whim bascially. Colour appealed to me and I just went for it. Can't say I'm terribly excited about it though =(
Here's what it looks like
OPI The "It" colour
The "It" colour is a mustard yellow - orange colour. It's a creme finish. It's the typically opaque in 2 coats, smooth application, no problem polish. OPI I applaude you once again. 
I think the apostrophies really crack me up now cause I see it as sarcarsm. Really bites me in the face LOL! Looks pretty nice in the bottle but on my nails and my skin tone, it just nulliies itself. Kinda makes it look nude and yellow at the same time. Meaning to say sullen I guess. My sister was like. omg. I can't see your nails anymore, hate the colour. So much for high hopes. It somehow looks better on my toes. WERID THOUGH. I think it's really my skin tone. Doesn't make this colour pop =(

Sobs. I'm still feeling a little sore about this colour because I envisioned it to be so much more =( I just had to photograph it nonetheless. Maybe it's the nail length too. I'm not really willing to condemn this colour to the depths of my already full box so perhaps I will have another go at it when I feel like it (probably in a gazillion years?)

I decided to swtich up the colour with a crackle (La Rosa Magenta) and I personally think it made it worse (although magenta is a really pretty crackle colour) =( Sobs again ttm. I have seriously outgrown the crackle thing to the max. I kinda liked it the first few times I tried it on but now I just think it's too much of a hassle. The thing with getting the perfect amount of polish on, waiting for your undercoats to dry fully, the excess polish coagulating at the top of your bottle, the polish itself drying too fast. Arghhhhhhhhh! After putting up with all that, I end up with ugly crackles =( TERRIBLE. I'm probably just noob at this whole crackle business but still. =(((( PArdon the horbbile texture of the crackles too, 1 top coat did not suffice at all. Didn't bother with another top coat. 
Me being the super OCD type immeditely cleaned my nails spotless after looking at my frankenstein of a creation and slapped on a another colour. I shall leave that to a separate post.
On a lighter note. MOON CAKE FESTIVAL IS NEARING. It's totally my favourite time of the year. Why? SNOW SKIN MOON CAKE THAT'S WHY. I am stuffing myself silly with them. There are so much variations of mooncake now I can't keep up. Plus the crowd each year grows exponentially which sucks. ALWAYS BUY MOONCAKES WITH THE END IN MIND. If not, you'll be consumed within the whirlpool of chaos at the annual fair. The fair at vivo is much more manageable IMO. Taka is IMPOSSIBLE. Anwyays, The Raffle's champange truffle moon cake is beyond awesome. Have a go at it before it disappears with the year. I've never been one to like traditional mooncakes though. How about you guys?
~END~
Don't forget to subcribe=)

 



No comments:

Post a Comment