Monday, October 15, 2012

Naturally Nails: Pink ombre glitter


Hey Hey
Ok. I'm really fumming now because my com's display driver decided to crash when I finished typing this post (could this be a consequence of opening too many youtube vids?). I usually periodically save my posts but I just had to forget this time and this has to happen. Thanks... just my luck, so I'm going to painful recount everything and retype again. NOW I'm going to SAVE. *Save*
Anyways, I've been dying to try out the ombre glitter trend for quite some time now. I wonder why I didn't get down to it earlier... so Finally, after a ridiculous amount of procrastination, I have finally sat down to recreate the look! Needless to say, I realy love this look.The BF really likes it too, says it looks really princess-y. I had intitally wanted to try this out in blue but I figured that I didn't have a nice blue glitter coat (makes me feel like I should have gotten last friday night from the katy perry collection or whatever that blue glitter jelly coat was called). I've seen the the green version too, which is so aquatically gorgeous, mermaid-esque to the MAX. Should really try that combination out with the awesome new green glitter coat that I just invested in. This is so unbelievably exciting. *SAVE*
Light Pink: OPI something sweet, Hot pink: Rimmel urban princess, Glitter coat: OPI teenage dream
The breakdown: (you will need a sponge)
1. Drop the light and hot pink side by side on a piece of rough paper (or whatever surface you wish to use)
2. Dab the edge of the sponge into the colours and blend the colours by quickly and repeatedly dabbing aroung the same spot
3. Press the edge of the sponge on the top half of your nails and dab a little to blend the colorus together
This ingenious technique was gotten from theNailasaurus
4. Layer a pink glitter top coat of your choice and viola. ( you could use a colourless glitter topcoat for this look but I feel that using a corresponing colour helps the blend the colours even more seamlessly)
5. Top coat to even out the surface of the glitter and blend the colorus more. *SAVE*
As much as I love this look, there is actually a really sad and tragic story behind it all. I would like to take the time to mourn for my deceased OPI something sweet. It met with a terrible accident that left it broken and shattered in pieces on the cold herd ground. I shall recount the incident so that it unfolds in front of your eyes. 
It happened aroung the time that I had just finished my manicure. I was packing up and ready to put everything back in it's rightful place. A typical mani day for me would include the use of a gazillion and one things so you can imagine how cumbersome it is to shift everything around. I used to have a little box that I transport everything in but i convenientaly forget about it this time. Again with the luck something bad has to happen when something slips my mind. Me being the risk taker that I am, decided to balance everything precariously on a flat surface that I had with me at that time. ( I know, i'm totally asking for it). At that very moment when I stacked everything nicely onto the surface, I paused at though to myself, these bottles are surely going to fall off the surface. DESPITE THIS, I decided to ignore my brain and follow my sense of stupidity instead. After a few steps, I felt a little wobble transmit through to my hands and a sudden reduction in the weight of whatever I was carrying. Before I could fully comprehend the whole situation, my worst fear came true. Something sweet flung itself off the edgea and was free falling in mid air. At the very same time, my base coat decided to follow suit (*AND IF YOU JUMP I WILL JUMP TOO, WE WILL FALL TOGETHER, OFF THE BUILDING'S EDGE NEVER LO0KING BACK - we the king skyway avenue). Time litterally stood still, or at least passed really slowly. I held my breath and stood there helplessly as the bottle neared the ground. I couldn't react to catch it in mid air because my hands were full. Well, the inevitable happened and the bottle crashed to the floor, spilling it's contents with it while the other landed safely on the floor towel. Time kinda went back to normal after that. What a great thing Adrenaline it, gave me temporary super human senses.
How uncanny is it that my base coat survived and my coloured polish truly died. This is a bad representation of a couple suicide. I was left with a heck of a mess to clean up no to mention that my mum just got the floors done. She wasn't too happy. Oh and I got cut by the glass shards in the process =( Oh well, one good thing came out of this call. I can now say that OPI really uses glass for their polish bottles. Quality stuff =)
Under strong sunlight
Check out my previous post on OPI's teenage dream (click here). I posted an out of focus picture too to better show of the super reflective multicoloured glitter =)
I am still a little sore about Something Sweet. Hopefully I'll find new better baby pink to replace it =(
*PUBLISH*
~END~
Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to subscribe =)





No comments:

Post a Comment