Sunday, December 2, 2012

Naturally Nails: Relvon Moon Candy - GALACTIC swatch


Hellow
Weather's been pretty cold lately, I'm seriously going to come down with something sooner or later. I can already feel my allergic rhinitis kicking in. Oh the "good" ole days of rhinorrhea, blocked nose and post nasal drips. ARGH.... Why, WHY. Anyways, I appreciate the relief that the cool weather brings though. Singapore has been too hot for too long. Its great that there's at least a change in temperature. Unfortunately, I once again got drenched in the heavy rain despite my new and improved umbrella, on the day that I was wearing a white skirt. HMPHS to all you pervy man out there. There was nothing much showing thankfully =) and once again, I was saved by my beloved jelly flats that received praise from my tutor HAHAH! COOL OR WHAT?! 
Don't know what's up with my recent obsession with blue, my recent posts have all been about blue polishes. Totally unintended btw
Anyways, here's what I have on this week. A new little item that my BF picked out for me =) He said that the combination looks awesome. He was right!
Relvon Moon Candy - GALACTIC
Isn't this combination awesome? It's so galactic, as it's name suggests. Not to mention glowy as well. The polish basically comes in a pen form that consists of 2 colours, each on one side. Galactic basically consists of a deep navy base colour and a stuning jewel toned irredescent blue-green sometimes even purple flake top coat (the top coat bescially consists of blue green flakes suspended in a light blue base colour). 

Some thoughts about the product:
1. Overpriced ttm. I've always realised that revlon prices it's polish at exorbitant prices, even higher than OPI polishes that you find retailing at push carts which really astonishes me sometimes. I mean, I don't deny that their polishes are REALLY GOOD but they aren't of the same branding level as OPI? Not to mention, OPI polishes denitely trump them if not in formula then in the brushes and packaging at least. 
This duo here cost me a whole SGD$12.90. I admit, it was a crazy slurge especially for 7mls of product meaning 3.5ml on each side. EVEN CANMAKE POLISHES THAT CONTAIN 7ML OF PRODUCT COST LIKE SGD$8.90. What in the badoosie!? Ok I made that word up but I am really at a loss of words. I'm already 1/4 my way through the shimmer coat just with the first application. Granted I don't exactly use  up all my polishes this is still madness....... 
2. Application wise, the base colour was great! Smooth and self leveling with crazy opqacity. It's a one coater! Love that. It's actually pretty similar to 2 coats of Canmake No.50 (see here) (here for a lighter swatch) but just less electric. The top blue green shimmer topcoat of the other hand was the mother of all gloopiniess. I mean OMG it was SO THICK and just hard to work with, as much as the end results rock wonders, the process was excruciating. I had to make sure that there was enough flakes pieces on the brushe and had to place the pieces properly to prevent them from  gooping and overlapping. Sometimes, I can't even get a satisfactory amount of flakes on. I suggest using a thinner to thin out the top coat first. As such, please do not mind the crazy mess that is my ring finger because things just got out of hand although I was really happy with the amount of glitter packed there. 
Another thing that I noticed was that if you didn't place the shimmer flakes FLAT out, they would "fog up" when they dry on top of each other. The pieces themselves look almost transparent on their own so it you don't separate them properly, they will end up drying to a weird finish. Lastly, they are as prickly as glitter pieces. Even with top coat, random edges still stick out and poke you. Freaking porcupine of a polish. 

Bamm! Just edited my watermark. Am really pleased with this one. Much better than my previous slipshot one!! xD
As much as I hate this polish because of the arduous application process and the trauma that it put me through. I really love the end result. Would have put it as a rave if not for the cons. As the saying goes (translated from mandarin):" After everything bitter beginning lies something sweet at the end" Ok maybe not that accurately translated but litterally it means bitter first sweet later. Anyway you get my point. 
Overall: Love combination, will wear it again but will NOT repurchase.
******************************

Something absolutely appalling and mindblowning happened to my friend and I in the train just ytd. Come, let me set the scenario. So my friend and I were chatting away about little miscelleanous things in life while there was this random caucasian dude sitting diagonally across us. Now why would I even mention a random ang moh bloke out of no where? BECAUSE... while we were idling our time away deep in conversation, we noticed a random flash of light from no where. We turned our heads to the direction of the lights and to our horror, we saw the ang moh dude holding his phone conveniently angled towards us (there was virtually no other female around except for 1 sitting ~right next to us~ and then a sleeping guy a few seats away) Obviously he wasn't going to take a photo of a sleeping guy right? We were like WTH?! Even the dude himself was shocked at the flash. I mean c'mon, wanna snap pictures, gotta be sneaky right. YOU WERE AS GOOD AS BALANTLY EXPOSING YOUR IDENTITY AND INTENTIONS -_- He quickly pretended/ decided to text furiously to i don't know hide his face? Whatever. 
Being the self conscious people that we are, we calming checked if we were exposing anything indecent which we were (I was in skinnys and a slouchy long sleeved shirt and my friend who was in a skirt was all covered up by her gold bar of a bag and books), searched for evidence of any disgusting fat layers poking through but no in case the dude was thinking of 9gaging our fats, that would be bad.. but nope, they too were well hidden from sight. After being kinda perplexed for a while, we decided to brush the guy off and continue our small talk. Let me say this, if you get caught red handed for doing something wrong, you jolly well DON'T DO IT AGAIN LAH. But no, this guy had the audacity to angle the camera towards us once more, this time, we just stood up and walked off to find other seats. LIKE DUDE.... HAVE YOU NO SHAME..... ew... Should have totally taken a picture of him taking a picture of us and STOMPED IT... arghh But i don't believe in stomping because it really just fuels people's kaypohness TTM. ANYTHING ALSO STOMP. GET A LIFE AND LEAVE PEOPLE IN PRIVACY. If it ever happens to you, it ain't going to be pretty EITHER. Not like anyone in the world is a model citizen anyway. 
Btw happy belated black friday everyone, though there is no such custom here in Singapore. Hope you got mega deals and steals. On another note, Rise of the guardians (by dreamworks) was AWESOME. I really enjoyed the movie through and through. There was really never a dull moment. It was really really filled with child like wonder, magic and really apt humour. The story line has nice twists to it and the characters are more complication then they look. Dreamworks has really been uping their game, first it was how to train your dragon and now this. Great job GREAT JOB! If you are an animation lover, you will love this movie. GO WATCH IT.
END~
Thank you for reading! 
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the left hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment