Wednesday, December 12, 2012

B.e.a.u.TeaFull~: Gradient Liner (Mixing burgandy and purple)


O-heyo!
Since I've really gotten used to winging out my liner and have found the perfect way to carry off eyeliner for my hooded eyelids, I have been experimenting with coloured liners. Colours play such an important part in my life that I can't live without them. Can you imagine a world of black and white? BORING MAX. So, other that incoporating them in my everyday clothing items, I have decided to also wear them on my eyes. 
Of course I know my limits too. Can't go around looking like a clown right. Colours must always, ALWAYS be balanced with something neutral. Can't use to many cause it distracts, confuses and destroys other people's poor eyes. Can't go around doing that now can we. WILL GET STOMPED ONE YOU KNOW. PFffttt
Anyway. so here's what I created using one of the top trending colours this season, bungandy =) pretty much in love with it

Tada! My gradient eye liner look! Can you make out the 2 colours? It's meant to be subtly obvious if you get what I mean. Warning though, this look requires MEGA thick liner. Which is just perfect for people with hooded lids like me (I can totally use a blunt nyx jumbo eyeliner to line my lids roughly and the liner can still NOT be seen -_-") because the colours are very much toned down when our eyes are opened. For those with double/ non hooded lids, you might want to make the liner thinner so that it suits your eyes more

The breakdown:1. Prime your eyelids with TSFI or any other primer. PRIME THE BOTTOM LIDS AS WELL because it really saves the mascara from bleeding around your lower eyelids, hence emphasising those panda eyes
2. Ue a burgandy coloured liner (e.g Sephora crayon jumbo pencil 12 hr in purple) to line the eyes and wing the tip out. I find it helpful to use a liner bursh to create the wing. I just line my lids to the edge of my lids and use the brush to pull out excess liner product to form a wing. If there's not enough product, just coat you bursh with the liner directly. Set with a respective shadow colour if so desired
3. Take a slightly more cool toned purple shadow and using a pencil brush (because I have more hidden lid space to work with). Carefully place the colour above the burgandy liner and blend the 2 colours together seamlessly. Remember to wing out this colour as well.
4. Place a light coloured eyeshadow over the reamining lid space and blend.
5. Use the same colour to highlight the tear duct area
6. Use a glitter liner (tear drop liner from etude house) to slightly line the inner lower lash line for an instant perk me up to the eyes
7. Take your blackest eyeliner that you have (L'oreal super liner in black) and draw a thin winged liner. (this helps to thicken the lash line without the black overpowering the rest of the look)
8. Curl lashes and apply mascara
Bam, IT'S DONE!

Here's a picture of my eye fully opened. As you can see, the burgundary got kinda hidden but still peaks out! 
I totally found out that my eyes don't work too well with the whole crease thingly and contouring. Doesn't help my eyes much and it still looks super flat if I dont make my liner visible above my lids so I gave up with that. Besides, I dont have much of a crease to begin with anyway, even though the whole point of a crease colour is to fake a crease. But whatever.. Totally prefer the whole bold liner, simple lids look now. 
********************************
Can I just take a moment to dedicate my love to the trending colours this season since I was on that topic way above up there. It's truly one of my most favourite trends ever. Yup, you probably guessed it, none other than the whole OXBLOOD, WINE AND BURGANDY colour trend. I totally can't get enough of that colour. I used to completely hate red because I have always only know about that gaudy shades of red that totally can't be pulled off but these colours really take red to a whole new level. I totally love red now! Ok, partially because I'm getting old and my taste is too probably getting old but cmon, the trending colours are AWESOME. So awesome that I have to have everything in those colours. The oxblood LongChamp bag is GORGEOUS (which I don't have but secretly envy those who do). It's the only one where I think the normal brown leather handles totally matches the colour of the bag itself. Oxblood leggings/jeans esp in velvet material are beyond awesome as well. Recently got a pair of studded shorts in burgundy and love them TO DEATH. Arghhh! I wish this season won't come to an end!!
Anyways, today's 12/12/12. What a nice date don't you think? I figure that loads of people totally got married today because of the cheesy date haha! Anyway, starbucks is having an awesome promotion today. 1 for 1 venti. GO GRAB IT WHILE YOU STILL CAN! =) Can't wait for xmas AND TOTALLY CAN'T WAIT TO GO SHOPPING!
~END~
Thank you for reading! 
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the right hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment