Friday, December 21, 2012

B.e.a.u.TeaFull~: Purple Shadesticks


HeyHey,
Know I haven't been posting in a while. Super sorry about that. School's been so busy for me that I have barely touched my computer for the whole week. IKR. Madness. I haven't even got the time to paint my nails. DISASTER MAX? Thankfully, I am able to squeeze this post in though.
So, today's supposed to be THE.DAY. 21/12/12. The apocalypse, or end of the the world as we know it. Haha there's a considerable hype about it which really amuses me. Not that I don't believe it or anything but if the world's going to end, the "comet" will take everyone with it. That being said, everyone technically will perish together, hopefully via some kind of quick death. If it were going to happen, there isn't quite anything we can do about it either ain't it. Not like we could teleport to another earth somewhere >.< Anyhoo. I still don't wish for the world to end though. There' just too much fun in being alive! Although I must say, I'm pretty satisfied with my life, it's been rather fruitful and I have no regrets so far. xD
Moving on...
Since my nails have been stark naked for the past 2 weeks, today's post will naturally not be about nails. Pardon the quality, my tripod was not in the vicinity.

Featuring: Etude house bling bling shade stick ande nxy jumbo eye pencil in lavender (Top to bottom)
Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil (can be bought from fleas/sprees around S'pore. Most stabily located at *Scape)
Now we all know that nyx's jumbo eye pencil has been revered for years and years now in the beauty community. Well, I must say it really lives up to it's name. The texture is the creamiest I have ever come across and the pencil just glides right on to your eyes. Not only that, the colour range is beyond awesome. I had to stop myself from buying almost every colour. (ok I probably exaggerated that part but ALMOST ALL the colours were nice). Like most youtubers mention as well, the best way to apply this pencil evenly and thinly is to pick up some product on your fingers and warm up the product with your natural body heat (that is of course emanating from your fingers) rather than using the pencil directly. Totally agree with that. If you use the pencil directly, it tends to load on too much product - creases easily this way.
One thing I noticed though is that it rubs off VERY EASILY. It's not particularly smudge proof or waterproof. I suggest setting this liner with a corresponding shadow colour for the maximum colour pay off and to prevent smudging/creasing.
Nonetheless for those who can't be bothered to use your fingers, the size of the pencil tip is awesome for hooded lids. 1 "coat" is quite sufficient for my lids, no more madly drawing multiple lines. 
Etude house Bling Bling shade stick
This guy is also ULTRA CREAMY. Almost as creamy as Nxy's jumbo eye pencil but not quite as smooth. Like the jumbo pencil, this shade stick is not particularly smudge/waterproof. Super sad. But it costs a good $5 cheaper than the jumbo pencil though. Unlike nxy, etude house carry a terribly limited colour selection for their shade sticks. Great colours but super little to choose from. 

R-L: Nyx jumbo eye pencil in lavender, etude house shade stick
Lavender is a beautiful frosty, almost irredescent lilac. Yes I said lilac! Cmon, the shade seriously looks nothing like it's name implies. In fact, the etude house's shade stick colour resembles lavender much more closely. Wonderful shade and goes on SUPER pigmented and true to it's colour
Etude house shade stick (which shade exactly I forgot because I peeled off the sticker by accident) on the other hand is a gorgeous shimmery lavender. This one was a stunner, I swatched it on my hands and was sold immediately! Totally love it that my other half bought it for me, he said I was far too excited about it to gave it up so he just took the liberty of buying it for me. LOL! =) Awww xD. This shade sticks applies evenly and smoothly with great pigmentation as well. THUMBS UP THUMBS UP.
*******************************************

On a side note, I am actually leaving for a Korea this afternoon! Yes, up in the air when the world ends. LOL! Unless it decides to end in the morning >.< Blog won't be updated probably next year as I don't think I'll be blogging over there. In any case, XMAS IS NEARING! I wish all my lovely readers (hopefully we are still around) a very MERRY XMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance =) The holidays are finally here! Hope you guys get loads of presents as well! Yup, I'm childish like that xD
END~
Thank you for reading! 
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the right hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment