Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sugarcalifragilicious: Collective HAUL from random points in late 2012!


Hey hey from a severely sleep deprived me
OMG finally, the weekends are here. I never thought this day would come. It’s been a hell of a hectic week for more. Been surviving on close to 5 hours of sleep/ night the entire week. WITHOUT COFFEE. Ok TBH it’s because coffee doesn’t do the slightest bit to my body. Ok maybe a little perk me up effect but I have no problems sleeping like 1 hour after ingestion of coffee. WOW right. I actually would rather have it this way but that also means that I have to rely on pure eyelid strength and edurance to keep my eyes open. Although my brain still would be asleep even if my eyes were open.
Anyways. Since I don’t do these kinds of posts often. I thought I’d do one. Share the excitement and love. I personally like reading haul posts so hope you enjoy it too!
Disclaimer: this is a COLLECTIVE haul. Did not buy this all at 1 shot, neither were these sponsered for review. 



Whole bunch of self-explanatory make up stuff. Just going to do a brief run through 

My favourite of the lot? DUH the eyeliners. What would I do without eyeliners? Gelpresso liners are mega impressive. They don’t budge after they dry. Not only that, but also super pigmented and creamy max! Love them. Been using them like crazy. The 2 colour Sephora pencils are also not bad themselves. I’ve used the burgundy one in a look before (Click here).  The electric blue one looks stunningly bright on the pencil itself but tends to swatch darker than it actually is
Lipglosses are from etude house. I use them for days when I want just a tinge of colour on my lips. These glosses are decently pigmented but because my lips are already deeply pigmented, these guys don’t show up as bright but they still change the colour of my lips. Best thing? Not at all sticky! Which also means they don’t wear for long.
Random coral lippy from L’oreal. Got cheated into thinking that there was a 20% discount for this but it was just for nurses on nurse’s day HAH! Pretty nonetheless, the last of its kind left when I picked it up
Ecotool bursh set which is awesome! Super smooth fibers! Note that they are synthetic brushes.
Etude house nailpolishes. Etude house recently revamped their entire polish collection. Which also means that my gorgeous sparkly blue polish is now irreplaceable and has become 1 of a kind. NOOOOOOOOO! Anyway, always loved etude house polishes. Great quality for the price, no qualms using them, have a ton of them. For a swatch of the colours - Just posted a design using the white glitter polish right there. (Click here)

SLEEK makeup palatte – Oh so special
Courtesy of my friend who is currently studying in London! LOVE HER! I had to trouble her to get this for me. Great neutral palatte for everyday use. Great mix of shimmer and matte shades as well. Swatches when I get more use out of this baby. I’ve only just starting playing around with it. 

Too Faced smoke eyes palatte.
A gift from the BF. Check out my previous post (best of 2012) on the story behind it. Timeless palatte. There is no shade in this palatte that I hate. I must give a special mention to firefly (top row first on the left). It is the most gorgeous highlight colour I own. It’s so flattering and adds a beautiful glow! Up in smoke as well. Wonderful lid colour! Adds a nice wash of colour to the eyes!

Urban Decay Naked 2 palatte.
Need I say more about this. Both palates highly raved by the beauty community with good reason of course. I know I know, I’m ridonkulously late on this but hey it’s an expensive palatte. I had to contemplate very very hard! It was made slightly easier on member’s day when everything in the store was 20% off! My beloved sponsored half on this palatte at that. LOVE HIM!
 This palatte has possibly all the neural shades you would ever need in your life. Ok I exaggerate but it provides a good range. I had such a hard time deciding between Naked 1 or 2. The difference between the both if you are wondering is that Naked 1 carries warmer shades while Naked 2 carries cooler shades. Some really awesome lid colours there. I even got my brow colour in there as well. Yes I’m a typical Asian girl with jet black hair not to worry, I certainly don’t use the black shade to fill in my brows. I have seriously fine brow hairs which make my eyebrows virtually INVISIBLE. Mum signed up for brow resurrection about 3 years back but let it to me in light of my invisible brow and in fear of pain. So I went in her place as tribute and endured the pain of having my eyebrows CARVED into my skin for me.  The pain was excrutiating considering that it’s such a small area of skin. Nonetheless the lady did an excellent job for me and now I have eyebrows (although I have to endure several painful weeks of people raising their eyebrows at my crazily DARK eyebrows and the mad inflamed skin around my brows, somebody thought I have eyebrow implants…..). IT WAS WORTH IT THOUGH because after those weeks, everybody complimented my brows saying that they look super natural. Years have since passed and my brow colour has also lightened considerably to the point that I can trick people into thinking that I am brunette! HAHA! So yes I use a lighter than what most Asians use colour of brown to fill in my brows because I’m not used to seeing dark brows on my face. 

Charles and Keith quilted sling in electric blue. (I do not know the exact model name)
Yes yes, another colour that I’m madly in love with. This was A SPLURGE. HOW COULD I PASS THIS BAG UP. I’ve been wanting a quilted bag for the longest time but am too poor to own THE Chanel bag. Sane enough at that. Plus it’s elective blue with a stunning BIRGHT RED interior. C’mon. I even had people staring at my bag when I was “modelling” it in the shop. Clearly, they were thinking the same thing as me. This bag comes in black and white as well but you know me. I love my colours above anything else. This.Is.So.ME

Burgundy pumps from DMK
There we go, another item in the colour range oxblood/wine/burgundy.
These pair of heels were calling out to me. I should not have tried it on because IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. It did not help that the shop assistant told me that this design is the 2nd order, that it’s insanely comfortable to wear (which she is right about, needs no breaking into) and that this particular pair was the last of its kind in my size. YUP thanks a lot shop assistant. You succeeded, I bought it. Love the gold detailing at the tip of the shoe and at the heels. Just adds some much more bedazzle and elegance to the shoes.
Why in the world do my shoed look so long? That’s because it is. I have elephant feet for mine. FREAKING huge. I hate them. Totally not true that people with big feet will always have sizes. THAT’S FALSE. Because my size is very occasionally SOLD OUT. *hmph*

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in audacious asphalt and purple (name I cannot recall)
Yup going to round up my post with makeup, just as it started. Love these babies as all who own them do. Creamy, pigmented and stay PUT. No amount of rubbing or rinsing can get them off once they’ve set, meaning that it’s good to wear on it’s on. No really need to set with eyeshadow. My favourite way to way them as with almost anything in my collection. AS LINER of course. No I do not have bad to the bronze but it is undeniably a stunning shade. Sold out at almost every Watson I’ve been to. Awesome stuff really!
How time flies, it’s almost a month into the new year now and CNY is fast approaching. I hope you guys have done your CNY shopping. I have! I’m covered at least for the first day. Chanced upon a stunning oxblood dress in neulook that I almost could not pass up. Got my eyes set on that even though it’s so ridiculously overpriced as with most things in neulook. I’m just waiting to see if it’s impulsive or a real want. It’s leaning towards want though. My other half has be trying to talk me out of it  since I saw it by telling me how many oxblood/wine/burgundy dresses he’s seen, alluding to the fact that it’s insanely common and me owning it would just make me blend into the trend. UGHHH he is so right but I STILL tempted by it =((( SOBS
~END~
Thank you for reading! 
Don’t’ forget to subscribe. Just a click over at the right hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment