Sunday, January 20, 2013

Naturally nails: White jelly glitter!


Heyhey,
Now that it’s been quite a while since school started, the boring and mundane routine of studying is really starting to eat away at my soul. What’s the key to keeping your sanity? Having a life and adding COLOUR TO IT. Wow, that sentence totally jolted my memory of the powerpuff girls! You know.. the episode where everything became black and white and the powepuff girls saved the day by singing? Love x9 makes the world go round~ Anyways, here’s my dose of much needed colour for the week! (meant to wear this for xmas but well it’s too late now ain’t it =X)
COLOURED GLITTER! 


Etude house PBL 601.
This isn’t something that I’d normally gravitate toward but the BF convinced me that it’s pretty! So I got it LOL! Was pretty intrigued by it when I swatched in on my fingers.  
PBL601 is a white jelly polish studded with multi coloured glitter of differing sizes. It goes on pretty sheer for the first coat but is definitely buildable. Note that because the white polish is a jelly finish, it allows the natural colour of your nails to peek through it hence transforming that stark white colour (which I like to call blanko nails) into a more natural, wearable colour. Brush picks up a good amount of glitter / coat but of course, you still need to manoeuvre it a little. Application was smooth as butter and glitter pieces aren’t the least chucky so it doesn’t drink top coat.
Really loving the whole jelly sandwhich thing. Totally changes up the look of the glitter when a jelly polish is layered over to give a more subdued and less in your face. 

Ok so.. this glitter polish is really NOT MY STYLE. I am it’s all cutesy and all. Not that it’s a bad thing. It’s really pretty! Just not me. What that statement you must be wondering about the whole heart in between the lines thing? It was a kind suggestion from my best friend! We were painting our nails whilst waiting for the tiramisu filling to cool for an hour or so. Random baking spree! Loved the effect but again…… TOO CUTE!
So I had to counter all that insane cuteness with black tips which made me feel right at home! I quite like it I fact. Only complaint is that I kinda made the tip on my 3rd finger a little too thick. Really irks me but it’ll do.

Again with the narcissism, another picture showing off the mani!  I’m being really perfectionistic and all but next time I’ll try to get my tips a little crisper at the edges! Just like how I did it in one of my previous design. (click here). Sharp lines make anything more edgy. Ain’t that right?
Here’s to another week of lectures and torture! Can’t wait to earn my own keep for a change. Must feel wonderful yet shitty at the same time because working is a whole new ball game. Please let me survive the workplace politics.
OOO the unrelenting rain has finally let up! Time to soak in all the sun before the weather turns into a scorching nightmare as always here in the sunny island of Singapore. Imma going to enjoy some juicy tang yuan at that!
PS: for those who haven’t watched Les miserables. Please don’t waste your time watching it. It’s BORING. Like really boring. ESP for those of you who prefer action movies or animations over anything. Too draggy and the plot advances SO SLOWLY. Ugh.. I love musicals and all but this is just… pure torture to watch. The only saving grace is the wonderfully heart wrenching, totally touching ending. As jesse (from Pitch perfect) says: Endings are the best part ^^
~END~
Thank you for reading!
Don’t’ forget to subscribe. Just a click over at the right hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment