Sunday, November 4, 2012

Haul: Etude House Mini Make up haul + swatches

Hello-ello
I've gotta a little confession to make, I've been going a little crazy these month, super liberal with money. Not that I had a lot of it but I saved up a bunch over the past few months. Now that school has gotten less stressful for me, what better way to spend it then on SHOPPING. Spoken like a true shopaholic. Here's a peek at the tip of the ice berg. My modest and mini etude house haul!
Got the Line Nauce Duo and the Bling Bling shade sticks. Just really RANDOM finds while I was swatching around at the store hoping to find some hidden gems as usual. 
About the products
Line Nauce Duo like its name aptly suggests comprises of 2 products, a liner and an eyeshadow. What's so interesting about it is that the eye shadwon comes in a pen form?! I think this concept has been out for a while now but the main idea is that when the product is closed a sponge tip appilcator is pressed into the eye shadow powder that it comes with. Just TWIST not pull (can't tell you how many times I yaniked at the product only to find a weird end of the pen sticking out at me) and the product is ready to be used. Don't understand a word I'm saying? Don't worry, me too. Well then, let the picture do the talking

The Bling Bling shader stick is a regular shade stick nothing to it. It's the retractable twist up kinds which I love because loathe sharpening stuff, even normal pencils -_-


I don't really know the exact names but basically I got the naunce duo with a yellow champagne end presumably labelled No.1 (no idea because I conveniently ripped out the label to open the product) and the one with a dusty pink shade in No.2. Bling Bling stick in No.4.
If I'm not wrong, the nauce duos are SGD$7.90 each
No.1 - Beautiful shimmeru Yellow-champagne eyeshadow coupled with a glitterly white eye liner on the other side. I was drawn mainly by the champagne colour and me not owning a white liner before totally sealed the deal. Totally didn't help that the salesperson deliberately mentioned that this product is the most popular colour making the product blink it's invisible puppy dog eyes at me. O.M.G Great highlight colour or even over the lids, while the white liner goes straight to the waterliner to open up the eyes. Both products are super creamy, maybe even a little too creamy. But sadly to say the transfer of the eye shadow to the lids aint the greatest. It seems to slide around too much even with a base underneath. I figured that the best way to apply this product is by pressing it first on your eye and blending with another brush instead of the sponge tip applicator. The applicator takes away colour as you try to blend.
No.2 - Dusty shimmery pink colour with a nice shimmery brown eye liner. Fell in love the moment I swatched the pink. PRETTY. BF thought that colour was great too! Similarly to the previous colour, creamy but a little too creamy.
Bling Bling No.4 - Beautiful irridescent lavender. I absolutely love the blue hue to this purple shade. It's so alluring, I feel happy just looking at the colour. I guess lavender is really a magical flower and well colour!





So I did the rub test. Obviously failed ALL THESE PRODUCTS. HAHAH i forgive the shade stick but the rest! OMG. Oh wells, I guess you get what you pay for? I forgot to test the durability of these products in the store. NOOB MUCH. Gorgeous colours nonetheless.
PS: Super duper jealous of my friend right now. Why? Cause I bought her presents that I myself would have wanted as well. Bought her the urban decay smoked palette and a Make Up Forever Liquid liner No 6 (this was shared with a bumch of other friends, my current finances do not allow for such an expenditure SOLO). Gorgeous ttm. I spent so long picking out a variety of liner colours for her. Really glad she loved the gift =)
OMG guys, I found a pretty good polish while hovering around the beauty section in wastons. It will be featured in my upcoming post so look out for that! 
~END~
Thank you for reading!
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the right hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment