Sunday, December 2, 2012

B.e.a.u.TeaFull~: Cobalt blue super thick liner!


Hellow!
It's really late into the night now am I'm really feeling it's effects on my body so imma try keep this post short and sweet. I'm OLD omg, i didn't use to be so weak =((( Plus, I already had 1 and a half hours of ZZzz in the afternoon. OMG.. am I a pig or what. Then again, it's always good to sleep early ain't it. Could be something to do with me staying out till extremes of times and waking up at ungodly hours to ferry my lovely sister around. Really taken a toll on my body clock. YTD I was suffering so much, I could barely even keep my eyes open. You know... the whole droppy eyes despite tremendous effort to compensate by raising your eyebrows. Yup, that was me ytd, right in front of the tutor. Didn't help that I had major post prandial issues too after a hearty lunch. =( Oh the cruelty of fatigue.
Ok what was I saying about keeping the post short?
Anyways, here's a look that I did over the week end. Got inspired by my dear friend whom I bought the smoke palatte for and decided to capitalise on her idea. Fans of bold bright liners READ ON! Of course those that are a little more mild at heart should also consider going wild some time!

Shadow : maybelline baked duo in pink
Liner: NYX jumbo pencil in cobalt with sephora blue blood over + L'oreal liner intense thinly over the lashline
The Breakdown
1. TSFI base (am I not kidding about this base, it really does its job, I wore my look out from 8am to 4am in the morning and there wasnt a hint of creasing. WHAT!? not to mention that I have oily lids. Trust in insurance I must say!)
2. Over all the lid wash of pink (meant to be subtle and almost unnoticable) - hence there redundency of blending the liner into the shadow colour
3. Thick lining of Cobalt base over the upper lashline topped with the darkest shade in the sephora trio - blue blood. Wing the liner out for a more elegant feel
4. Use an INTENSE black liner (L'oreal liner intense) to thinly line the upper lashline 
5. Curl lashes and apply mascara generously (wanna have thick VISIBLE lashes to compliment the thick liner, don't want them disapparing on ya)

Here's the look with my eyes opened. 
This look is great for those with hooded lids like mine. The thick liner gets hidden underneath the extra eye folds and instead teasingly peaks out above the lashes. Note how it doesn't look as intense any more?
For those with non hooded lids, you can still pull off this look simply by thinning out the liner. 
If you're not into the whole pop of colour liner thing and still want something bold, just replace the blue liner with a black liner and there you have it. 

Out of focus picture to highlight the sheen that the colours give off. LOVE!
I want to take some time to talk about the sephora trio - blue blood (very aptly named, or least I think the name's really COOL). Found this gem while randomly swatching around at the sephora section of sephora. I'm usually not a fan of the sephora line because of bad experience from my first palate but this one blue me away. I'm really attracted to BLING and this one captivated me completely. Sold after 1 swatch. This post just features the darkest shade of the trio which is already stellar and crazily pigmented but wait till you swatch all the colours together. O.M.G It transforms into a lovely glitterly sky blue the screams :"Look.At.Me! LOVE ME!"
Will do a swatch and detailed review another in upcoming posts so stay tuned for that!
END~ 
Thank you for reading! 
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the left hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment