Sunday, December 2, 2012

Naturally Nails: Cobalt Blue Jellysandiwch Reverse Switch Up


Hellow,
There is something about me and cobalt/electric blue lately. I seem to be exaggeratedly attracted to it, allured by that subtle yet bold aura it exuberates. I'm not just talking about nails, I'm also talking about eye looks, tees, shorts, dresses, bags, SHOES. Everything. You name it. I think I already have cobalt coloured shorts and dresses. LOL I'm super proud of my shorts collection because I'm on a quest to collect every colour there is, provide it fits me duh and looks pretty! I'll save this story for another day though.
Anyways, so.. I'm all over the whole jelly sandwich thing. Tried it the moment it was known to me and LOVED IT. Here's my first ever try and post on it. Whoever invented it is a genius. Imma telling you, If I were to own all the jelly and glitter polishes out there, I would wear the jelly sandwich combination to death but there's an obvious limitation for me, I don't own that many glitter. I poured through my collection to find a suitable colour.
There are so many crazy ones out there but here's mine at the moment.

Canmake No.50 and Essie Set in Stones
Rmb how I said in my previous post that canmake No. 50 is a gorgeous blue jelly. Here's how the colour really looks with 1 coat. Read my previous post for a review on it. The cobalt defnitely reflects better with a single THIN coating. This polish goes on ALMOST opaque on the first coat already so you have to be careful to take only what you need for a nice thin even coating on the nails. As you can see I struggled a little with the consistency as thin coats tend to be very tricky to apply. You can end up with hideous bald spots and all. Urgh, irritating. 
Strange though how this is probably the only time I wish that my polishes were a little less pigmented than they there. Oh the irony of life

Decided to switch up the jelly sandwich technique and do a as I like to call it, reverse Jelly sandwich. Which is effectively just putting glitter on top of the jelly polish LOL. But it definitely sounds cooler when you call it revere jelly sandwich ^^
The Breakdown1. Apply Essie Set in Stone over entire surface of nail, making sure that glitter pieces are evenly spread out. Wait to dry COMPLETELY. The clear base gets very goop so you won't want to paint over it when it's semi dry, you'll end up with some heck of a hot mess
2. Apply a THIN layer of canmake No.50. You should still be able to see the glitter pieces showing through. It you can't, it's too thick. Try to thin the layer out before it's dried
3.  Apply Essie Set in Stone over the top half or less of the nail. Again making sure to evenly spread out and densely pack on the glitter piceses for the best effect
Done! Easy Peasy. Loving the different textures going on, I think it gives the look so much more sophistication and depth. PRETTY!

Ok my 4th finger was supposed to be the accent nail but it doesn't stand out that much and it completely covered my jelly sandwich at the bottom =( But it's pretty nonetheless.

Here's a close up of the look! Excuse the mess! I love essie set in stones. The whole thing about different sized glitter really clicks with me. It's GREAT!!! Simple yet different. I've used this polish in so many of my looks it's an integral part of my life now. I hope I don't run out of it because I think it's limited edition =(( Tempted to get a second bottle it I can get my hands on it.
Here's a more detailed review on Essie set in stones.
***************************
Life update: Ytd, I unlocked yet another acheivement in life. In my 21 years, I've never stayed out past 12.30am, never been to a pub and never watched a late night movie. I know, judge me. All that changed yet. I went to timbre, watch a late night movie and got home at 4am. OMG.... Thank god for cars. Anyways. It was a blast! I got lost like crazy, drove in the jam, clamoured for parking spaces in town and all that jazz. It was trusly a whoel new experience. HAHAHAHA. Awesome! BTW, if you guys didn't already know, timbre @ old school is CLOSED PERMANENTLY. The BF and I scoured the entire Mt Sophia road, as it WALKED from 1 end to the other only to find out from someone that it's been closed for a while now. We were like, i think we'll try to find timbre by listening out for a live band but LOL none whatsoever. Just the dead of the night and really errie looking houses. Should have known that it was the former tenent of the now montessori house on the hill LOL. I know, noob muvh. But I mean, we went on the basis of the instructions, climb the long flight of staircase and you'll reach timbre LOL. Imagine our confused faces when we were greeted with secluditiy and silence. LOL. So we journey to timbre @ substation instead. Managed to catch the live band which we could hear from miles away! They played Gangnam style LOL LOL!
Also I hereby declare google maps an app that does not show you shortcuts =( I love google maps, don't get me wrong but sometimes, it does troll you and bring you down excessively windy roundabouts lol! 
END~
Thank you for reading!
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the left hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment