Monday, December 31, 2012

B.e.a.u.teafull: Favourites of 2012


Heyhey,
1 year has come and gone. In a twinkling of an eye, it is now the last day of 2012. I must say, it’s been one heck of an eventful year and another year of massive expenditure on my part! Haha! My new year resolution: To spend less money! (Like that’s going to really happen?) But hey, I’ll try!
I’m sure most of you have plans to party the night away. ME TOO! I’m spending it with my extended family and sadly deserting my dear other half.. Regardless, it is time to throw out the old and bring in the New year!!!
Before that, lemme sum up 2012 with my favourites of 2012. (Disclaimer: these product have either been given to me as gifts or bought with my own money, hence my own buys! Just saying ^^).

Here are my favourites. Most of which have made it into my tiny makeup bag =)
Let's begin shall we =)
1. Shu uemura waterproof lengthening mascara.
This one is a long-time favourite. Believe it or not, I’ve gone through at least 3 of these tubes now. Considering that I only don on makeup about once a week or less. That’s really saying something =) Now I’ve used the YSL fauxcils, cover girl lash blast, a couple of Maybelline mascaras but the Shu Uemura mascara remains my ultimate favourite and the undefeated champion! Let me tell you why I love this product so much. It gives me amazing length in my lashes. Not only that, it gives each and every lash a nice even coating and separates them beautifully giving you the most natural looking lashes ever. Also, the formula is on the dry side which works well for my lashes. I have literally seen my lashes wilt before my eyes after using the fauxcils. Not pretty. This however, holds the curl in my lashes perfectly through the whole day.  It can even withstand a couple hours of sleep. AWESOME STUFF. Also, no clumping action going on, no spider leg lashes and most importantly, no annoying flakes! But wait, the best is yet to be. This mascara (although VERY EXPENSIVE and probably should be used on its own) is great as a base layer for volumnising mascaras. My poor lashes are a little too weak to hold up volumnising formulas and I guess a little too sparse to carry volumnising formulas as well. With this mascara as a base, I get the best of both worlds. Evenly separated lashes that hold up their curl and look fantastically volumnised at the roots =)  Plus, this way, I don’t have to throw out the mascaras that don’t work for me.
2. L’oreal super liner in black
This baby rocks my world. The felt tip is so flexible you can get to the hard to rest inner corner of your eyes without making yourself look like a total wreck! Also, I can get the thinnest line with this liner! Not that I need really thin lines but it allows me to create the most natural wing tip ever =) LOVES! Plus plus, when they say black, they mean black. This eyeliner is dead on BLACK! Super pigmented super black! Since this is a liquid liner, there is no need to go over it with eyeshadow to set it, which is a bonus.  Only downside to this, like most liquids, this one dries to a shiny finish which can be a little annoying.
3. Sephora Trio in blue blood

This one is a pretty new addition to my collection. Got it some when in October when Sephora was having it’s member’s 20% discount thingy! This trio is awesome! You know how I love sparkly bling stuff. This encompasses my love for it super well! I especially love that gorgeous deeper than royal blue shade at the top! Gorgeous! Been getting compliments for my eyeliner each time I wear it out =) The sliver strip there, is also something else! It’s sliver, bling but NOT glittery. Which is awesome! The light blue shade down there unfortunately hasn’t been receiving much love. I haven’t exactly used it that much yet. Nonetheless, I have used in on a friend over black liner and it metamorphoses into a stunning sea green shade.  I couldn’t stop looking at her eyes! Last thing, you can swirl all the colours together to get yet another shade of blue! Which was what made me get this trio in the first place =)
4. Sephora Jumbo liner in burgundy. 
Also a relatively new addition! I adore this jumbo pencil so much I’ve used it for consecutive weeks now. Owns in colour, formula and staying power =) I did a look using this pencil as well! Anyway, the colour is just drop dead stunning. Couldn’t say no to it. Formula is creamy max which when dried, is totally unmovable. Doesn’t smudge too! Maybe because I use an eye primer so there’s a little bit of a confounder there. *Here's* a look a came up with using this liner =)
5. Etude house tear drop liner
Love this to death! (well everything here are my favourites, so naturally I’ll love all of them)
6. Too faced smokey eye palette

Also a gift from the other half. How this product came to be is really interesting. The other half totally knew that I was intending to get the smokey eye palette from urban decay. He had been meaning to get it for me for a while. 1 day, we were dining at bugis + when he suddenly said that he had to go to the toilet. TOTALLY TOOK AN AWFULLY LONG TIME. I think people were starting to wonder if he ran off or something LOL! Anyways, when he finally came back, he handed me a shopping bag from Sephora containing this palette! OMG SO SUPER SWEET! He had forgetten the brand remembered the smokey eyes part. No matter, I fell in love with the palette as soon as a laid eyes on it. Pretty max with insanely gorgeous highlight colours. LOVE LOVE LOVE! He’s been super proud of this mistake ever SINCE =)
7. Too Faced Shadow insurace (TSFI)
Cannot leave home without this! I've only used this primer before hence it is here. Does its job and makes sure your eye makeup stays in place the WHOLE DAY. Love it! With this, I have no problems with panda eyes at the end of the day!
8. Shu uemura eye lash curler. 
Totally need this in my life. Gives my lashes that perfect curl abd perks them up for the day. It is a good investment to have a good eye lash curler. Makes all the difference you need
I know I know I have loads of eye makeup favourites but well I really do concentrate mostly on my eyes. Eyes are the windows to one’s soul as they say. So you’ve gotta make em look the part =)
9. Mac cream blush/lip colour - weekend getaway (casual colours collection)
The other half give this to me as a present. SUPER SWEET OF HIM! He loved the colour at first sight and got it without hesitation. OMG! Haha I love it when he picks my girly stuff for me! He has awesome taste =) This one is a gorgeous “soft” hot pink shade. Looks scary in the pot but fret not, totally blendable. Blends out into the most beautiful, natural glow ever =) TRES BIEN! Check out my swatch *here*
10. Missha BB cream
A super sweet and thoughtful gift from my dad’s friend’s daughter given during my family trip to Seoul. Now I have heard only good things about Korea’s skincare and cosmetics so naturally this one is GOOD AS WELL. Really nice stuff! Totally ousted Skin 79 from my list and so close to the end of the year as well. Too bad skin 79. This BB cream Comes in a nice natural skin colour! Or at least, it suits my skin tone perfectly. No grey toned nonsense. I would say it gives medium coverage cause my blemish pigmentations are very much faded buy not completely covered. One thing I’ve notice about this product is that it dries pretty quickly so you’ve gotta work faster with it. Before that happens, it’s super creamy and really blends seamlessly into the skin. I can hardly tell that I’m wearing anything. Best of all. DOESN’T BREAK ME OUT. =)
11. Mac lipglass in viva glam V
Need I say more about this one. Lovely tan colour with golden flecks! Perfect natural colour to rock any day. Totally helps that my lips are ridiculously pigmented so it turns the lipglass slightly pink! =) I love to wear this over Mac’s lipstick in hey sailor! They complement each other well.
12. Hado labo facial wash
Lastly, skin care! Coveted Japanese brand so naturally it’s good! There’s something about it being sold every 4 seconds? I have gone through bucket loads of this. I'm sure it has something to do with sharing with my sister but still. We have gone through ALOT. Love how this cleans my faces super well without stripping the moisture out it. In fact, my face is so clean, no extra dirt comes off when I use my toner. Magical! 
My regime: Hadalabo facial wash, Neutrogena gentle toner, hadalabo milk moisturiser. 
PS: I bought the lotion in the same line before, TOTALLY SUCKS. Made my sis and I break out majorly.. NEVER BUY THE LOTION. The milk is fine though =) With awesome whitening properties (I used the arabutin milk one)
With this I conclude my 2012. TMR is the new year and hey! The world didn’t end so it’s time to celebrate =) Happy new year and may each new year be better than the last!
Love,
Charmaine (x3ASweetAffair)
~END~
Thank you for reading! 
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the right hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment