Tuesday, January 1, 2013

B.e.a.uteafull: Gunmetal liner with lilac accents


Hey Hey,
Welcome 2013! A fresh new year and of course a fresh new start. Thankfully, school hasn’t started for me yet, relief RELIEF! I need a break from that hell hole.
Lemme kick off the new year with an EOTD! =) Here’s what I came up with

Totally digging this look. I favourite part is the lilac accent at the bottom. I feel like it kinda softens and completes this look. What daya think?
The breakdown
1. TFSI (of course) over the entire lid plus lower lashline
2. Line your eyes with a gunmetal coloured liner of your choice. I used the Maybelline colour tattoo (15 audacious asphalt). Feel free to pull your liner into a wing as I did or stop at the edge of your lash line. Totally up to you. I personally love winging eyeliners! Gives my eye a more feminine shape
3. Set the liner with a gunmetal shadow of choice
4. Line the upper lash line thinly with the blackest liner you can find. I like to use liquid liners when lining on top of other product because I get the BEST opacity. 
5. Line lower lash line with lilac cream liner of choice. I used the etude house’s bling bling liner.
6. Set the coloured liner with corresponding shadow of choice. I actually opted for a periwinkle shadow to mute out the purple tones and cool down the liner so as to match the coolness of the gunmetal. 
7. Line the inner corner with a silver liner. I used the clio gelpresso waterproff pencil gel liner in metalic silver No.6
8. Curl lashes and apply mascara.
Lining the eyes is easy peasy don’t you think?
So did any of you guys catch the magical word up there? That’s right, MAYBELLINE 24 hr COLOUR TATTOO! Omg it’s finally in Singapore. I almost gave up hope on them. Life has a funny way of turning itself around. Just when you least expect it =) Imagine my amazement when I saw them sitting prettily atop the Maybelline display shelf. I can’t believe this took forever to come. While the whole beauty community was raving about this, we were here, sitting, wishing that we were in the US basking in its glory as well. No matter. It’s all forgiven now that I have gotten my hands on them.
I understand why the colour tattoo’s received the attention that they did back when it was first released. They are G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S AND G.L.A.M.O.U.R.O.U.S! Comes in an array of bright colours as well. I don’t think the whole range is here but it’s enough to keep my occupied for a while. Couldn’t decide between purple, gunmetal or orange when I swatched them together. The other half really liked the orange but I put down the orange reluntantly and got the purple and gunmetal ones. Haven’t been regretting since!
Just a heads up on how amazing they are, the swatches on my hand once set couldn’t be rubbed away by sheer force, neither with water. Survived the bath process and remained on my hand till the next day. OMG. Super budge proof and lives up to the 24hr claim. NAISE.
If you wanna grab em. Check em out at watsons. They are $3 off now =) I don’t recommend the branch @ plaza sing because it’s fresh out there.
No I’m not advertising for Maybelline if you were wondering. I’m just excited about the colour tattoos and can’t wait to share them with you guys
Once again, another narcissitic post of my eyes just because. TOTALLY LOVE THE LINER. Omg where is there a pesky any crawling up the screen of my computer *flicks*
******************************
Now that the New year has passed, it’s time to look forward to Chinese new year of course! That’s all the way in Feb, but yet not too far away either. I am tempted to recycle my old clothes from last year for my New year’s outfit because they are all in the colour oxblood. How apt for CNY! As long as nobody knows that they aren’t new it’s fine right??? I hope so =) Doing the whole chriselle lim trick. Switching up outfit so that I never look like I ever wear the same thing twice when I actually do xD
So far, I am really enjoying the whole holiday thing. Korea was a mega blast and waking up 11pm without guilt is awesome! Gotta relish in the moment and do more shopping before the hols also past by in a flash. Then there’s a stock pile of nasty homework awaiting completion. Oh life. Oh my life. =(
END~
Thank you for reading! 
Do subscribe for more posts. Just a click over at the left hand column =)

No comments:

Post a Comment