Sunday, January 13, 2013

Naturally Nails: Punk-y Purple gradient nails


Heyhey
1 week of school has just come and gone like that. I'm currently high from severe lack of sleep but no matter, will crash and burn later. Planning to go watch Les Miserables tmr so hopefully I'm able to wake on time!
Since the precious the weekend is here, although somewhat semi destroyed by a saturday tutorial at 8am....... what better way to get into the party mode than with a polish post! 

Base: Etude house black
Purple: OPI planks a lot (pirates of the caribbean)
Tips: Nubar Vaso
Ring finger glitter: Essie set in stones
Basically used the sponging technique to create the gradient. Love the effect of my ring finger the best!! I'm like half half with this design. Really love the colour gradient and all but the blending could have been a little more natural! Totally being perfectionist but YEAH! 

Here's what I came up with. I must say I struggle a little with this. Couldn't get the perfect way to blend the black into the purple without it looking crazy messy. Right after I slapped my polish on though I came up with the method - paint a layer of black polish over and let completely dry. Created black and purple gradient on sponge and dab instead of directly dabbing purple directly. It should theoretically produce better results. Will test it some when, some time.

Ugh! The unblended edges really irk me. Guess this is what happens when you don't blend your makeup properly either. Fatal move. I will perfect this gradient technique!
Tips from my experience: 
1. Use a glitter top coat to even out the gradients better
2. Works very well with lighter colour gradients (i.e Medium pink to pink etc)
3. Glitter/ shimmer polish blend much better
Here are some of my other gradient posts:
1. Kpop inspired (my favourite)
2. Pink gradient 
Ahh! Shall enjoy the rest of the weekend while it still lasts. Nothing beats lazying on the couching and flipping through channels looking for a good movie. That's the life. MONDAY PLEASE GO AWAY
~END~
Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to subscribe =)

2 comments: